One of the more famous signs of pregnancy is the cravings. You’re drawn to all sorts of food combinations that would typically not interest you.
But as delicious as those snack cravings or food combinations can be, they’re usually lacking in the right nutrients and are just high in sugar.
The Proper nutrition is essential for a baby’s optimal development but even with the healthiest diet, getting the recommended daily dose of minerals and vitamins (pregnancy supplements) can be difficult.
It’s for this reason that pregnancy supplements are so highly recommended for pregnant women as it ensures that you and your baby get the maximum benefit from all the necessary nutrients.
Why Pregnancy Supplements?
When you’re pregnant and nursing, you need to be extra vigilant to make sure you’re getting enough nutrients that’ll nourish your little one. Pregnancy supplements make that much easier.
Some supplements should also be avoided during pregnancy and the nursing stage so you should always work with your care provider to pick the right supplements for your body and your pregnancy.
Every woman’s nutritional and dietary needs vary, but generally, a nutrient-rich diet is the most important factor in helping her get enough mineral and nutrients while pregnant.
Common Nutritional Deficiencies during Pregnancy
A prevalent nutritional deficiency during pregnancy is iron deficiency anemia. The amount of blood in your body increases when you’re pregnant almost doubling in number.
Because of this, the amount of iron your body requires to make more hemoglobin for all that additional blood also increases. Iron is also vital for your growing baby and placenta.
The second most common cause of nutritional anemia in the world, which often co-occurs with iron deficiency, is folate deficiency. This is part of the reason why folate is so vital to a healthy pregnancy.
Pregnant women can also be low in omega-3 fatty acids particularly if their regular diet isn’t rich in omega-3. If you don’t eat fish and foods high in omega-3, then omega-3 supplements need to be added to your prenatal vitamins.
Essential Pregnancy Supplements for Women
One of the most important pregnancy supplements you and your baby need for a healthy pregnancy term are prenatal multivitamins. Because it’s difficult to judge if you’re getting enough of those essential nutrients in your diets, a daily dose of multivitamin helps to bridge the gap which is why health practitioners so recommend them.According to the latest research, the benefits pregnant women can expect from supplementation with key vitamins and minerals include the following:
- Vitamin C helps lower blood pressure, swelling of the hands, feet, and face
- Vitamin D reduces the risk of preterm delivery and infections
- Thiamin reduces the risk of low birth weight
- Riboflavin reduces risk of preeclampsia
- Vitamin B6 reduces the risk of gestational diabetes and pregnancy depression
- Folic acid helps reduce the risk of Spina Bifida
- Calcium is critical for the development of the fetal skeleton
- Zinc helps prevent congenital abnormalities, poor immunity, abortions, intrauterine growth retardation, premature birth, and preeclampsia. Unfortunately, 82% of pregnant women have inadequate intake of dietary zinc.
- Copper plays a key role in the development of the fetal brain, tendons, and skin
- Iron can help alleviate postpartum depression and fatigue, as well as boost breast milk production
- Choline plays an important role in the prevention of spinal cord and brain defects and the future mental health of the child
- Iodine reduces the risk of fetal loss, stillbirths, and mental retardation of the newborn infant
- Magnesium plays a special role in regulating blood sugar, preventing muscle spasms, increasing energy and preventing preterm contractions and fertility.Check out the amazing product here,
DHA & Omega 3
The last eight weeks of pregnancy will see your baby’s brain growing faster than ever. Studies over the last two decades have shown that mild levels of malnutrition during the last few weeks of gestation can have adverse effects on the baby’s brain development. The same studies also note that consuming high-quality fish oil can help immensely. Some studies also suggest that taking supplemental DHA helps to improve motor skills, IQ levels, hand-eye coordination, and attention span.About the product
- OFFICIAL OMEGA-3 AMERICAN PREGNANCY ASSOCIATION – As the official omega-3 of the American Pregnancy Association, Prenatal DHA is the is the ideal supplement before and during pregnancy. Prenatal DHA generously fulfills international recommendations for daily DHA intake. Plus, we’ve added 400 I.U. of natural vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), for strong bones and mood support. Also, research has shown that DHA supports structural integrity of the central nervous system and cognitive function.
- SAFE FOR YOU AND BABY – With 480 mg DHA per serving, Prenatal DHA generously fulfills the international expert-recommended daily intake for DHA, providing safe and effective omega-3 nutrition to moms and babies alike. The fatty acids in the brain’s cerebral cortex and is an important nutrient for overall brain health and brain development. This essential nutrient, important for maintaining cellular fluidity, and supporting normal memory, cognition, emotional well-being.
- BEST ABSORPTION FOR BEST RESULTS – Many concentrated fish oils on the market are in the ethyl ester molecular form—a synthetic fat. Nordic Naturals formulas are produced in true triglycerides to ensure optimal absorption and results. Our Prenatal DHA is derived from sustainably-sourced fish and anchovies and sardines, providing you with a high quality, non-GMO certified supplement. Our Prenatal DHA is a great way to add Omegas to your supplement routine especially during pregnancy.
- WILD CAUGHT AND SUSTAINABLY SOURCED – Nordic Naturals has always been at the forefront of sustainable and ethical practices in the natural products industry. Since our founding, we have been committed to using only non-GMO ingredients. Nordic is also gluten, and dairy free with no artificial colors or preservatives. Every batch of Nordic Naturals fish oil is crafted from wild-caught, omega-rich fish from the freshest catch to create a quality vitamin.
- CONTINUED INNOVATION AND ENDURING VALUES – Nordic Naturals incorporates ethical and socially responsible practices with regard to the environment, corporate transparency, philanthropic partnerships, and education. Our continued innovation is proof that when values are aligned with action, great things can happen. Nordic Naturals carries many Omega products including fish oil supplements and multivitamins. We have options for babies, kids, adults and postnatal vitamins and much more.
Calcium and Magnesium
Calcium and magnesium contribute in regulating blood sugar and insulin levels for a robust and healthy baby development. Sadly, a lot of prenatal vitamins only contains a small percentage of the daily recommended value which is why getting a bottle of calcium and magnesium supplements can be beneficial to you and your baby.About the product
- STRONG BONES, REPAIR & IMPROVE BONE DENSITY – Specifically formulated to improve bone mass and restore/maintain bone health. Including superior forms of Calcium alongside essential co-factors, Magnesium, Zinc, Vitamin K2, D3, C, Potassium, Copper, Boron & Manganese, Bone Support is the complete Bone Health supplement. Bone Support is specifically developed for assisting in the prevention & management of Osteoporosis, Osteopenia, bone formation, bone repair and bone degradation.
- FAST ACTING, HIGHLY ABSORBABLE – This advanced bone health formula featuring Microcrystalline Calcium Hydroxyapatite (MCHA) and Calcium Citrate have been clinically proven to be highly bioavailable forms of Calcium, ensuring faster-acting results!
- EASY TO SWALLOW, NO BAD/ CHALKY AFTERTASTE – Our Bone Support tablets have been specifically designed with curved edges and a silk-like coating to make it effortless to take with no lingering aftertaste or residue!
- GENTLE ON THE STOMACH, NO TUMMY UPSETS, DISCOMFORT, NAUSEA, CONSTIPATION OR DIARRHEA – A very gentle form of Calcium that breaks down in the small intestine, which greatly reduces the incidence of digestion discomfort and/or diarrhea. Perfect for women, men, elderly, post-menopausal women, women during pregnancy & teenagers who are prone to stomach irritability following vitamin supplementation, Bone Support is easily digested with food or on an empty stomach.
- NO NASTIES, GMO-FREE, TRUSTED PRACTITIONER QUALITY – USA Made. #1 Practitioner Grade, formulated for & Recommended by Doctors, Bone Support is a Premium Bone Health supplement.
While everyone is going crazy about your child and how cute his tiny hands, nose, and feet are, they’re most certainly not thinking of his or her gut flora.
A baby’s gut environment is mostly sterile until delivery where external factors like your diet, the microbes in your breast milk or formula, and even mode of delivery start to influence your newborn’s gut.
By taking probiotic pregnancy supplements during the pregnancy stage and while you’re nursing, you supercharge your system allowing you to pass optimal levels of helpful bacteria to your baby.About the product
- For WEEK 30 thru LABOR & BREASTFEEDING – (30 Day Supply) One packet daily delivers superior nutrients that support rapid maturing of baby’s brain, skeletal system, liver, and lungs.
- DELICIOUS BERRY-LEMONADE DRINK MIX means NO AWFUL HORSE PILLS. Digests easily and infuses both mother and baby with premium nutrients within minutes. Tastes better than sugar-loaded gummies.
- Herbal Red Raspberry leaf helps PREPARE FOR AN EASIER LABOR and promotes QUICKER HEALING AFTER BIRTH. REPLENISHES a new mothers body with nutrients during breastfeeding.
- Natural ENERGY ENHANCING and MOOD BOOSTING with premium quality nutrients: Choline, CoEnzyme Q10, Probiotics, methylfolate (best source of body ready folic acid), B Vitamins, Vitamin D3, Vitamin K2 (MK7), Calcium, Magnesium, and other vital nutrients. Naturally sweetened with stevia extract and non-GMO fruit based fructose.
- FDA-APPROVED GMP-certified facilities ensure pharmaceutical-grade consistency through rigorous production processes.
Pregnancy Supplements for Morning Sickness
Pregnancy is usually accompanied by morning sickness as well as occasional nausea. Taking vitamin B6 or ginger supplements can help to reduce the queasiness.
Vitamin B-6 is one of the more popular members of the B-vitamin family and is found in fresh vegetables. Clinical studies have shown that B-6 plays an important role in regulating homocysteine levels in the body. Homocysteine is produced as a by-product of the demethylation of methionine and can be toxic in elevated amounts. This product is screened for potency and purity.
Fight Stretch marks with Supplements
Stretch marks can be prevented by taking care of your skin from the inside as well as outside. Nurture your skin by staying hydrated always and eating foods that are rich in Vitamin C. vitamin C supplements and foods such as green and red bell peppers, broccoli, blueberries, guava, and kale can help to prevent stretch marks.
As a mom, your number one concern is your child, so you want to do everything in your power to make sure that your baby will be happy and healthy. The good news is with proper nutrition, diet, and the right pregnancy supplements, you can confidently take care of your child.